Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Why do so many cars struggle with water leaks?

I'm trying to avoid buying a used car with bad reputation for water ingress. I don't want to paddle again, like with my last motor. Lately, it seems too many brands and models have this issue when looking at the owner reviews and it's narrowing my choice a lot. There must be water-tight, used cars out there, which are inexpensive models. Any knowledge of which ones are best?

Asked on 19 June 2020 by BK

Water ingress is usually caused by the bulkhead drainage vents becoming blocked with road dirt or old leaves. All cars are susceptible to this if the owner doesn't clean it regularly or parks it under trees for long periods.