My tax renewal might be delayed due to covid-19. Can I still drive?

I have to apply to renew my car tax. It usually takes about two weeks to get back. If my renewal has not been returned by the end of the month, can I still drive my car legally due to the Coronavirus?

Asked on 9 June 2020 by Elaine Patterson

No, your car must be taxed in order for you to drive it legally. The DVLA is suffering very significant delays at the moment from what we've heard, so they aren't answering phones on emails, but I would've recommended you apply online in order to get it done as quick as possible: www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax