We have to choose a company car. Would you go diesel or electric?

My wife has to choose a company car - a Mercedes-Benz A-Class 180d Sport or a Kia E-Niro. Interior and luggage space is not a consideration. She has not driven either and claims not to care much about such things, but likes the A-Class aesthetics and dislikes the Kia's looks. She drives up to 20,000 miles a year, but no trip is over 200 miles. Which car do you think most people would be happier in over two years?

Asked on 22 May 2020 by neil

I'd go with the Mercedes-Benz A-Class. It's a stylish hatchback with a fantastic interior. The 180d will easily cope with the 20,000 miles a year and the A-Class is much more refined than the Kia on the motorway with less road and engine noise.