If lockdown continues until August, will my new car go into the next registration period?

I have a new car stuck somewhere between the factory and the docks due to lockdown. If the lockdown continues until August, would my new car go into the next registration period from August 2020? At present, provisional registrations had been given by the dealer but as the car is not technically in the country, my car and others have not been registered yet.

Asked on 29 April 2020 by Mark Warren

A new car is usually registered when it arrives at the dealership. It's possible you may have to wait until August, but given that vehicle plants are starting to produce cars again I imagine you'll get it much sooner than that.