Can I cancel my purchase for a vehicle I've already agreed to buy?

I’ve put a £6000 deposit down on a £72,000 motorhome from a reputable UK dealer. It’s a 2011 model. However, I’ve decided I don’t want to proceed with the purchase. Some customisations have been done for me like Wifi, LPG gas, TV etc. Probably less than £6000 in extras. Can I cancel? If so, is it reasonable that I pay for some of the customisations?
If the dealer resells it for less than agreed with me due to the lack of buyers because of Coronavirus, am I liable for that loss too?

Asked on 2 April 2020 by Peter Brown

Presumably, you are under contract to buy the motorhome. If so, whether you can get out of it depends on the dealer. Check the documentation you have been given, as it may outline the cancellation process.

The dealer may insist that you pay for the customisations and give up some of the deposit. I would advise that you email them and explain your personal situation. It's possible they will cancel the contract without any cost, but I imagine they will want some form of recompense.
Tags: contracts