Can I go for a drive as long as I don't leave my car?

Is there anything I can do to make sure my car runs fine if I do not use it over the next few weeks? It was reported in the newspaper last week that it was okay to go for a drive as long as you do not leave the vehicle.

Asked on 1 April 2020 by doncaster

You should only be using your car for necessary journeys. We'd strongly recommend leaving your car parked up unless you need it (for a weekly shopping trip, for example). Modern cars can be left for long periods without any detrimental effects. Consider using a trickle charger to maintain the battery if it's being left for several months, but that's not essential.