Can we drive somewhere less local to walk our dogs?

We have four working dogs who need a good walk/run every day. We live on an estate and there is nowhere they can have a good run and exercise. Are we allowed to drive them out to the fields nearby to exercise them and keep them healthy?

Asked on 30 March 2020 by Annette Fergusson

The Government advises the public to exercise locally. Your car should only be used for essential travel - buying food, medicine or travelling to work. I would not advise using it to take your dogs for exercise - if you experience a breakdown or accident them it may add further pressure to your potentially overstretch local emergency services. For more coronavirus motoring advise, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s