We paid for a car but it can't be delivered because of Coronavirus - what are our options?

My mother bought a secondhand car from a dealer before the lockdown. The dealer was going to deliver the car to her, but now says he can't. We suggested he post the keys and we would collect, but he says no. What options do we have rather than just waiting for this to be over? She has the V5 doc, she has paid her money, but has no car.

All car dealers have been instructed to close by the Government as part of the 30-day lockdown. Sadly this means you will not be able to collect the car, as you cannot force the dealer to break the Government advice. I would recommend waiting until the 30-day lockdown is over before arranging delivery or collection of the vehicle. For more coronavirus car buying advice, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s