Our Nissan Qashqai hesitates and judders when accelerating - is this an issue with the auto box?

My wife has a 2013 Nissan Qashqai auto with just under 20,000 miles on the clock. When pulling away and accelerating, there is no problem - but when moving slowly and accelerating, the car judders, hesitates and makes low rumbling noises. Would a change of oil and filters in the gearbox cure this or could it be something more serious?

Asked on 18 March 2020 by John Cooper

This model of Qashqai has been plagued with gearbox problems over the years and this reads like an issue with the transmission. I would recommend getting the gearbox checked by an independent Nissan specialist. For the full list of reported problems with this model, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/qashqai-2007/...d