I put 7.5 litres of petrol in my diesel car and then drove 20 miles - will I have future issues with the car?

Last night I accidentally put 7.5 litres of petrol into my diesel car. It was late at night and everything was closed because of the coronavirus. I filled the rest of the car with diesel and drove home (20 miles). I am worried I may have future problems.

Asked on 16 March 2020 by Liliana Costa

I would recommend getting the fuel tank drained and the fuel lines cleaned. You will have to pay for someone to visit your home to do this. Petrol in a diesel fuel tank can potentially remove the lubrication qualities of the diesel and cause premature wear and tear of the engine components.
Tags: misfuelling