Why does a 'Radar Blocked, see Manual' message keep appearing on our dashboard?

We own a Volvo V70. On the dashboard, a message is coming up: 'Radar Blocked, see Manual'. The Cruise Control is not working. We have done as requested, it says wash the Radar Pad in the grill, but the message keeps appearing. The message first appeared during the recent heavy rains. What can be done to fix it? Ideally, without replacing the whole system.

Asked on 6 March 2020 by

A common complaint in the winter months. It's usually caused by road dirt. Arrange to have the car jet washed. If the error message appears after this then it may be a faulty sensor, which will require a visit to your local garage.