My neighbour doesn't want me park on the road, but I've got no driveway. Who's right?

I park outside our house, which has no driveway - just a long strip of pavement out front. The house next door has a driveway and the owner does not want me to park where I park. Am I allowed to park there?

Asked on 26 February 2020 by Derwinder

We don't fully understand the issue, but essentially, you can't block someone's private driveway or park in front of any dropped kerbs. But you're well within your rights to park next to a pavement anywhere on the public road, as long as you abide by road markings and signage - i.e. you obviously can't park on double yellow lines or the like.