What home charging point should I get installed?

Which is the best home charging point one to install - Pod-Point or Chargemaster? Pod point says 3.6 kw compatible with a MINI Countryman PHEV 2020 but should I get a 7kw charge point?

Asked on 25 February 2020 by Angela Lax

We don't have any information about whether Pod Point or Chargemaster is better, I'm afraid. Both companies seem to have a good reputation. The MINI Countryman PHEV is fitted with a 3.7kW on-board charger for AC charging, limiting how fast it can charge. Even if you connect it to a 7kW charger, it won't charge any quicker. That said, if you think you might change to an electric car in the future, it might be worth investing in a 7kW charger now.