I'm looking at buying a 10 year old Mercedes-Benz SLK - how can I ensure things like brakes and fluids are okay?

I'm looking at buying a 10 year old Mercedes-Benz SLK with 22,000 on the clock. However, it has only been serviced at 9000 miles (2014) and just recently by the car dealer. What do I need to have done to ensure brakes, fluids, belts etc are up to scratch?

You'll want to treat it as a big service. Engine oil and filter, fuel filter, brake fluid, dust filter, and coolant. But it will be the visual checks - condition of brake pads and discs, making sure there aren't any leaks, looking for chafe marks, checking for wear on the rubber boots etc.