What's the best used BMW Z4 to buy?

I am considering buying a BMW Z4 and my budget is £12000 - which models would you recommend keeping in mind running costs? And what age of vehicle could I expect for the money? Also should I be overly concerned about the metal folding roof?

Asked on 23 January 2020 by Michael Dawson

The sDrive18i will probably be quick enough and is the most efficient model. Alternatively, consider the 20i - it uses the same 2.0-litre twin-turbo petrol engine with a bit more power. Your budget should get a 2014 or 2015 car with low miles. Make sure the roof operates correctly but we've not had any issues reported.