What's the best choice for my next diesel lease car?

I have a choice of Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, Volvo and Mercedes models from my work lease list. I'm looking for maximum space and boot space, minimum fuel cost, lowest income tax and £15k to £38k list prices. I prefer automatic, sporty cornering, an airy cabin and quiet inside. It will be used for a family of five camping holidays, typically 1000 miles four times a year, 40 miles daily commuting and monthly 500 mile sales visits. Any suggestions?

Asked on 9 January 2020 by Homer Virgo

Your budget will go furthest with a Volkswagen. I'd recommend a Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace. It's very practical and economical with the 150PS 2.0-litre diesel engine. Alternatively, consider a Volkswagen Passat Estate. It's a very good long-distance tourer with a big boot.