My car rolled into another - can I fight the insurance claim?

Whilst waiting at the traffic lights I forgot to apply the handbrake and my car rolled into the vehicle behind. My car has no damage, but the other vehicle has some marks on the plastic bumper and the owner says my car caused this.

Due to the distance involved (a couple of feet) and the low speed I do not think this damage was possible and I think the marks were already there. Is there anything I can do to dispute the insurance claim?

Asked on 2 December 2019 by

Basically, you are stuck, once you hit another vehicle, you are liable. It up to them to substantiate any claim against you and your insurer to defend it. Contact your insurer and report it for "informational purposes only". Inform your insurer of your concerns.