Is my car prone to catalytic converter theft?

I was wondering if you are aware of whether Toyota Corolla models are being focused on in terms of theft of the catalytic converters? I have a 2006 Prius, which has been hit twice in six months and so need to change cars?

Thieves are thought to be targeting easily identifiable hybrid cars - like the Toyota Prius - in order to cut the catalytic converter out and sell it on. Palladium and Rhodium, two metals found in catalytic converters, have increased exponentially in value with Rhodium trading at double its price at the start of the year and more than eight times its value three years ago. The catalytic converters on hybrid vehicles - which are powered by electric and petrol or diesel - are also used less frequently to remove pollutants. The metals are therefore less likely to corrode, which is another reason why they're more likely to be targeted for theft.

These are our top tips to avoid cat converter theft: kit.honestjohn.co.uk/top-tens/top-10-ways-to-preve.../