Why do car manufacturers produce vehicles that can go beyond the 70mph limit?

Over the last month, the Uniti company has started to take orders for its three seater car, very similar to Proffessor Gordon Murray's T27 electric car concept, with a central driving position. Reading the company's website, they mention the car is restricted to a top speed of 75mph. My question is why do car manufacturers produce vehicles which go beyond this limit, taking consideration the UK's motorway limit set at 70 mph?

Asked on 11 November 2019 by Gavin Townsend

Cars are designed for the global market and this includes countries that have unrestricted motorways. However, from 2022, it will be mandatory to have speed limiters fitted to all new cars sold within the EU. This will allow the driver to activate the limiter and prevent the vehicle from exceeding 70mph.