My car received an advisory on its first MoT for cracked tyres - is this unusual?

Yesterday at its first MoT, my BMW M240i received an 'advisory' re cracking to all four Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres. Is this unusual and should I be concerned? The car has covered only 15,000 miles.

Tyre cracking is quite common and usually caused by UV light drying out the chemicals within the tyre. Obviously, if the MoT tester has given an advisory, the damage is deemed to be significant. And given that your car is fairly powerful (and has the potential to put a lot of stress on the tyres) we'd recommend replacing them.