What are some important towing tips I should know?

Could you offer some towing advice?

Asked on 21 October 2019 by Dave smith

All of our towing advice can be found here: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/advice/everything-you-need-t.../

Key things to remember are the weights of the tow vehicle and the trailer. The Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) or Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) tells you how much a vehicle or a trailer can legally weigh in order to be used on the road, while the Gross Train Weight (GTW) or Gross Combination Weight (GCW), is the total, permitted weight of the vehicle, the trailer and everything it’s carrying. As a general rule, the trailer should not exceed 85 per cent of the weight of the tow vehicle.
Tags: towing