What cheap to run car for £7k will hold its value?

I am looking for a car for my daily commute which will cover approximately 15,000 miles a year. I am looking for a cheap car to run, something that won't give me hassle and would keep its value if I do decide to sell in two years. My budget is £7k.

The tricky bit is finding something that's going to hold its value. All cars depreciate unless they're rare classics - and even then, values are faltering lately. 15k miles a year is quite a lot so, unless most of your journeys are around town, you might find a diesel suits your requirements. I'd be looking for a Honda Civic with the very frugal (and reliable) 1.6 i-DTEC diesel engine. Second-hand Hondas have a strong following so it shouldn't lose too much of its value over two years. Also consider a Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI - another car that should be very cheap to run.