What's the best family car for between £15k and £20k?

We have a budget of between £15 - £20k and are looking for a nearly new (around 2 years warranty remaining) vehicle. We cover around 10k miles a year - mostly A roads. If it were the Honest John's teams money what would you all buy? Taking into account Reliability, practicality and a good interior, in that order.

My money would go on a Skoda Superb with the 1.4-litre or 1.5-litre petrol engine. It's big and practical, with a premium interior and your budget will get you a nearly-new example. Opt for an estate if you need a space, or look at the smaller (yet very practical) Octavia if the Superb is a little too big. Alternatively, consider a crossover SUV. A Kia Sportage would be a good choice. Hunt out one with the T-GDi petrol engine (the entry-level GDi feels underpowered). It represents excellent value for money and will have the remainder of Kia's seven-year warranty.