What kind of chemistry do you have with your car? Love it? Loathe it? Let us know and you could win a £300 John Lewis voucher | No thanks
Ask a Question

What licence do I need to drive an Aixam or Microcar?

What licence do I need to drive an Aixam or Microcar? I was told I need a provisional licence and a CBT. And where can I find one?

Asked on by

You will need the AM category on your driving licence, this covers light quadricycles (weighing under 350kg with a top speed of 45km/h - about 28mph). To get one you need to be over 16, have a provisional licence and pass the CBT, a theory test and a practical test.

There aren't many Aixam or Microcars for sale, however. We've spotted a few on Autotrader but eBay is your best bet.

Similar questions
I am over 70 years old - how heavy a trailer can I tow on my licence?
When renewing my driving licence at 70, I didn't apply to retain the right to continue to drive vehicles up to 7000kg. However, having enjoyed a motorhome for the last two years, I would like to be able...
I'm doing research for a book and am wondering if there's ever been any diesel cars manufactured with the engine in the rear and the trunk in the front? If not, is there a reason why this isn't a viable...

Ask Honest John

Value my car