My Land Rover has considerable steering wheel vibration when stationary - is this normal?

My two-year-old Land Rover Discovery Sport (11000 miles) has considerable steering wheel vibration when stationary. The dealer says it's normal but it doesn’t feel right to me. Should I persevere with my complaint?

If the Land Rover dealer refuses to acknowledge your complaint, get a second opinion from a Land Rover specialist. It could be the idle speed is too low and that is setting up vibration throughout the vehicle. But there may be a reason why the idle speed is too low, such as too much oil in the engine due to contamination from post-injected diesel intended for the DPF that never got there because the engine was shut off mid-active regen.