My friend was sold a clocked car - can she get a full refund?

In July 2018 my friend bought a 2004 Ford Focus with 77,916 miles on the clock. The trader's website states that they check that all mileages are genuine. In November I checked the MOT records and found that it had been clocked, probably by over 50,000 miles. The trader wants to make a significant deduction for "fair wear and tear" before accepting the car back. What are her rights?

Full refund. The dealer did not show "due diligence" in checking the true mileage of the car and that is proven by how easy you found it to do so. If it goes to Small Claims you will win your case. See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/