Need an electric car to cope with an 800-mile journey - do they exist?

I currently run a three-year-old Renault Kadjar diesel. I am looking to replace it with an electric car. Trouble is, I drive to Spain twice a year and need a car that will cope with the 800-mile journey. Will an electric car suit my needs? Do you know what is the situation in Spain reference charging points?

Electric cars don't suit everyone, and I suspect you'd have to be an extremely keen EV owner to drive one for the kind of distances you're talking about. Tesla's Supercharger network is pretty comprehensive across Europe (including Spain) so that could be a good option, and the Tesla Model S has a range of at least 300 miles depending on which model you choose. They're expensive, though. If you'd prefer something cheaper, the Hyundai Kona Electric has a range of 300 miles. The PlugShare app is good for finding EV charge points and consider investing in an IBIL card for charging in Spain. They're available from most petrol stations with chargers.