Should I keep my four-year old Volkswagen Touareg or replace it?

After four years and 60k trouble free miles I am wondering whether to trade in my 2014 Volkswagen Touareg. Its a lovely car and suits our needs perfectly in terms of its comfort, its huge internal capacity and for towing. I've taken a big hit on depreciation so do you think it best to keep it and amortise or move on to a newer model. If I keep it what steps should I take to keep it in tip top condition please? I already use the best quality diesel available.

Asked on 15 October 2018 by Moriarty Blackstone

There are not many other reliable SUVs with a 3500kg towing capacity. Run it solely on Superdiesel, preferably Shell V-Power. Have an oil service every year or every 10k miles whichever comes first and a brake fluid change every two years. The DPFs need regular long runs.