My new car arrived with an engine light on - should I reject it?

I am taking a delivery of brand new Nissan Qashqai. While testing the car at the dealer earlier today, the engine light came on and it wouldn't go off. I haven't taken the car as the dealer said they will be checking it and will confirm when they know what's going on. I would be grateful for any advice. Are these things common in your experience? Do I need to look out for something specific before accepting the car if dealer okays it? I have told them i will need complete assessment in writing before i accept the car so would be grateful for any pointers.

Simply reject the car as "not of satisfactory quality" as is your right under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 and preceding Acts and Case Law and demand your money back. If the dealer refuses to take it back, demand a substitute car until your new car is fixed. If he refuses to do that as well, see a solicitor and take immediate legal action. If the dealer choses the second option, fully detail your complaint in writing, send it to the dealer principal by Post Office Special Delivery, keep a copy and staple the certificate of posting to the copy so it becomes a matter of record for the courts.