I found a car I like online - how do I ensure it's not a scam?

I sold my beloved Citroen DS in 2012. I was looking for another one and discovered my old one for sale on car-from-uk.com. I can't seem to make heads or tails of the site. Can you advise me?

Asked on 11 July 2018 by Emma Oram

I would always take great care when parting with a big some of money on a car that I hadn't seen in person to look at myself. Well-known sales websites are a safer bet, but if you do buy a car from a smaller site then make sure you see the car before putting down any money. A common scam is to get a potential buyer to send a deposit or bank details, and then your bank account could be emptied out. I'd advise you read our scam advice guide before anything: www.honestjohn.co.uk/car-buying-scams-and-frauds/#...m
Tags: scams