My father hit a garden wall in his car - will his insurance cover the damage?

My father accidentally reversed into a six foot garden wall in his car. The wall promptly collapsed onto his car, so his car is a write-off and the wall will probably all need to be replaced as it is extensively damaged. Will my father's insurance cover the damage to the wall as it has been suggested that they will only cover the damage to his car and the people who own the wall will have to claim on their house insurance. They are understandably not very happy about this as they didn't ask to have their wall destroyed.

Asked on 28 June 2018 by A Tiney

If the wall is not your fathers, then it will be covered. You cannot be first and third party to a claim. They will need to claim of their house insurance.