If I buy a used motorcycle from Europe, what import duty needs to be paid?

I'm thinking of buying a used motorcycle from a dealer in Germany, the advert claims the price includes VAT. The dealer has no experience of shipping to England, however, he has a very good reputation within the motorcycle industry so I'm happy enough to do business with him. What do I have to pay in regards to import duty from the EU and VAT payments? There are lots of websites about registering and getting an MoT of the vehicle done, but non give you a very clear process to follow.

There is no import duty from Germany to the UK because we are still in the Customs Union. You'd better check the VAT situation, but I don't think you have to reclaim it in Germany then re-pay it in the UK on a second-hand car or bike: www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/paying-v...y