What do I do if someone leaves an abandoned car outside my house?

A 2002 Honda Stream has been left outside my house for weeks. It's full of junk and has an old 2015 tax disc on the dashboard. Who do I inform to get it taken away?

Asked on 23 May 2018 by diddy11cg

Answered by Honest John
This is the website to report an untaxed car: www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle / But first make sure that it is by entering the registration here: www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax
Similar questions
We own a flat in Edinburgh which we let. Someone has left a van in the parking place for the flat for many months. The police say they cannot do anything as it is a private car park. I do not know the...
We have, at the last count, eight cars from one gentleman taking up the whole community public car park. One car has been abandoned there for nine years and the others vary from seven months to the latest...
A car has been parked at the side of my house (no pavement) for months. The tyres are slowly deflating and it is filled with junk. I checked the number plate and it is SORN but is on the public highway....

Ask Honest John

Value my car