Grand Scenic 1.6 Oasis - Central locking/keyless entry issues - marky73

Can anyone help with some random central locking problems I am having?

I find sometimes the doors will not unlock via the keyless entry method and I have to press the button on the key card (however, the boot always seems to open via keyless entry?).

This problem seems to have righted itself now (don't know how!) but I have another problem where if I unlock and open the car (doors or boot) then the car doors/boot unlock but then the car is trying to lock itself whilst the doors/boot are open. Sometimes this can happen several times before I've started the car and driven off.

Also, the card is not detected sometimes (for keyless ignition) even though in my pocket and I have to insert the card into the slot in the dashboard to start the car.

Anyone else had these problems and know how to solve them? Thanks.

Edited by marky73 on 20/01/2013 at 22:37

Grand Scenic 1.6 Oasis - Central locking/keyless entry issues - Joke

I have a Grand Scenic 1.9 Dynamique. I have had a problem with my window not going up or down. Finally fixed. Found water in the connection to the up and down button in the door. Cleaned and dried and it is now working. In the meantime my central locking has played up. As you described but it was only my drivers door that would not open remotely but now none of them work. I am wondering if it is water getting into the connections, only trouble is I don't know where to look for that. Sometimes when I lock with key fob it gives a couple of extra clicks which makes me think it is damp connections somewhere. When I finally find the connection I will let you know if I get is working.

Grand Scenic 1.6 Oasis - Central locking/keyless entry issues - countryroads

Marky73...Replace the batteries in the keycards as a first step.

Edited by countryroads on 06/02/2013 at 13:21