rover 75 - dead battery cant gain access to car - stevexjr

i have a rover 75 thats been standing key wont work the battery has died and i dont want to break a window to gain access any suggestions

rover 75 - dead battery cant gain access to car - elekie&a/c doctor

Is it not possible to open the car manually with key in the door lock?

i`ve tried the key but when turning it feels like if i use any more pressure it`s going to break

rover 75 - dead battery cant gain access to car - gordonbennet

Hmm, wonder if the door lock has seized due to never being used or did someone change the ignition barrel and not the corresponding door locks, you haven't got another key for the car to try in the doors have you?

Failing this...and i suppose you've tried releasing fluid in the door lock mechanism...then suggest you use a mirror on a stick and try to locate the bonnet cable through the grill and using thin nosed piers pull the cable, gaining access to battery/jump point and then jump leads to repower.

Alternatively maybe a email to www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/ might elicit a response on how to gain access if you can convince the good folk there that you are the legitimate owner.

thanks for the info will try what you suggested with the fluid and just found out that the bonnet release can be located under the f/o/s wheel arch where there is an inspection panel and the cables can be pulled from there they are by the w/washer bottle and can be accessed in a plastic box located there, i will let you know tomorrow if this works many thanks.Steve

rover 75 - dead battery cant gain access to car - 659FBE

Access the main starter terminal from underneath and charge battery from this point. Beware short circuits.