Vauxhall Corsa C 1.2 - Corsa C totally lifeless... What's fried? - dombino

Hello all. I recently ran my Corsa battery flat by leaving the lights on. (It was a new battery although only used for one run after installation.)

After finding the battery dead, I managed to find someone with jump leads and after connecting them up, all dash lights came on and the engine turned over, but the car went totally dead again after a couple of seconds. The car now remains totally dead even when connected to a more powerful battery, my 12 plate company Peugeot 308. No dash lights come on, the horn does not work nor the central locking etc. Does anyone have any idea what could have gone? I did not hear any noises or smell any strange smells when the car went dead after jumping. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, perhaps I have overlooked a relay or something.

Thanks

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.2 - Corsa C totally lifeless... What's fried? - unthrottled

Find the fuse box(es) and put test each fuse with a multimeter until you find the blown one.

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.2 - Corsa C totally lifeless... What's fried? - 1litregolfeater

I suspect this may be a wind-up as nobody's that daft, not even one who's gone to Eton!

Vauxhall Corsa C 1.2 - Corsa C totally lifeless... What's fried? - Galad

Father had a similar experience on his Corsa C. He managed to fry the ECU using the jump leads which he hadn't properly earthed (apparently). The handbook on SWMBO's Corsa D states that the neutral cable on the jump lead should be anchored to a solid piece of metal on the receiving car and not to the battery. £300 bill for new ECU (dealer). I will not use jump leads now on any modern car - I called the breakdown service for my daughter's 2007 Fiesta when the battery died at just 3.5 years old.

Did you get it diagnosed yet?