Peugeot 406 LX HDI 110 - Particulate Light on but no Particulate Filter - yeoycg

The diesel particulate filter light on the dash board has just started tocomes on but there appears to be no DPF.

The cat is a one piece unit so what is causing the light to come on.

The car has done over 110k

Any ideas?

Peugeot 406 LX HDI 110 - Particulate Light on but no Particulate Filter - Bootsie

Is the engine responding normally ? ie accelaration no sign of limp mode?

If you do have a DPF it would be in the exhaust system apparently most diesels from 2006 have them, I have just had the same thing on a Mitsubishi but it did affect the engines performance.

Internet has some interesting info on DPFilter : bootsie

Peugeot 406 LX HDI 110 - Particulate Light on but no Particulate Filter - Collos25

I think you will find you have a DPF unless it was removed and they botched up the ecu program ,this model I believe does not have an eloy tank and system like later models but a DPF mounted in the down pipe on the first section of the exhaust visible when you lift the bonnet.

Peugeot 406 LX HDI 110 - Particulate Light on but no Particulate Filter - Peter.N.

If its a 2.0, 8 valve engine it won't have a DPF, the 2.2 version does though so I would think that the light is fitted but not normally used on the 2.0L , I suspect you have an electrical gremlin.