Vauxhall Zafira 2l TD 2007 - Faulty "door open" warning light and beeper - fuwv12

Our car was recently "rear ended" sitting at a roundabount. The car went in for repair and as soon as we got it back we noticed the door open waring light, beeper and interior light would come on whenever we reversed or turned round corners. The car has been returned to the repairers who cannot find the fault. It was then taken to the local Vauxhall dealership who seem to now think the problem is related to the EMU unit in the front of the car. Their view is that as such they don't think it is related to the crash. The repairers have now washed their hands of it and say its up to us to pay the £600 to get it fixed.

I cannot accept that this is pure coincidence and believe something must have happened during the repair process or the initial crash to bring about this fault.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem before and do they have any advice on what options are open to me. I have flagged it to my insurance company who are investigating but I fear they are going to fall on the Vauxhall view of things.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Vauxhall Zafira 2l TD 2007 - Faulty "door open" warning light and beeper - Peter D
Was the rear door repaired or replaced. Regards Peter
Vauxhall Zafira 2l TD 2007 - Faulty "door open" warning light and beeper - fuwv12

Hi Peter, It was replaced

Regards

Vauxhall Zafira 2l TD 2007 - Faulty "door open" warning light and beeper - elekie&a/c doctor

Very unlikely to be an ecu fault.The door ajar microswitch is part of the lock/latch assy.Either this has been damaged or possibly a wiring /connection fault at the rear .hth

The repairers say they fitted a new lock after we took it back the first time, they have stripped it down to what they repaired and they have found nothing. Vauxhall dealership not helping by saying its the ecu but I suspect that might be their diagnosis because they can't find the fault either.

Is it possible that faulty wiring could trigger the ecu to think its the problem?

Vauxhall Zafira 2l TD 2007 - Faulty "door open" warning light and beeper - elekie&a/c doctor

I wonder if they have damaged the wiring where it runs from the body to the tailgate ,through the rubber conduits.A fault in the circuit would most certainly give the ecu false info.hth