Honda CRV - Honda CRV 2004 Occassional knock / clunck - chester37

My Honda CRV 2003 has started to make an occassional knock/ clunk - nothing major but noticable - it can be felt through the streeing wheel and seems to be from the font end .. checked all bushes and joints and they seem to be all tight and fine.

In normal use it happens very occassionally except when reversing onto the drive with nearly full lock - it always does it as i go up the curb. Just one knock.

If i take the car off road on the tracks it appears to do it more.. esp over potholes etc..

You can get it to do sometimes just by being stationery and turning the wheel a full turn - but not always - also seems worse in hot temperatures but could just be coinsidence -- any suggestions great fully recieved...

Honda CRV - Honda CRV 2004 Occassional knock / clunck - Dabooka

Could be the intermediate steering shaft (knuckle) fomr the descirption, especially as it occurs when stationary and turning.

Just a thought, and might be horribly wrong, I'm sure someone else will be along to agree/disagree as appropriate!

Honda CRV - Honda CRV 2004 Occassional knock / clunck - chester37

thanks Dabooka, with the vehicle parked and bonnet open turned the wheel a few times and you could feel the clunk on the tie rods - would this help confirm your thoughts?