Vauxhall Zafira A - fan and AC continuously running HELP - Freedi
I have a problem with my Vauxhall Zafira comfort ( 2002 1.8) , although the car is running fine / hasnt broken down , I keep getting engine management light ( car with spanner) also when the engine is running the coolant yellow line is on as well as the coolant fan continuousily running . When I took the car to the mechanic he did a full service still no change with the lights , so he then changed the temperature sensor switch after that for around 10miles of driving the car behaved ok , the fan only came on when needed, however, its gone back to running continuously , I am also told that the A/C is also running . Please note the fans only run continously when the engine is turning over , although when I do turn off the engine sometimes it takes a minute or two for the fan to stop completely
It has been scanned and the codes I have I the first time with the AA were P1540 and 0170 second time with Vauxhall P1540,P1555 and 163. Please help with feedback if you can. I was supposed to use this for a family trip with my children in the summer and feel like I have wasted money buying this car , which was less than two weeks ago .

Edited by Freedi on 20/05/2012 at 09:34

Vauxhall Zafira A - fan and AC continuously running HELP - elekie&a/c doctor

Fault codes P1540 relate to an a/c pressure sensor fault.P0170 is a fuel correction code and does not affect the a/c or cooling fans. Both the a/c and cooling fans are controlled by the engine cooling module located behind the front bumper below the n/side headight.The module may be at fault or you may have a wiring problem.hth

Vauxhall Zafira A - fan and AC continuously running HELP - Freedi

Thanks for your reply will check it out