Question for HonestJohn re: Fuel (The Telegraph) - the_bandit

HonestJohn,

In your Car Advice column for The Telegraph, 13th Jan 2012, you advise that Shell V-Power is the best petrol and BP Ultimate is the best diesel.

Can you tell me why you believe this to be the case? I'm aware of the argument put forward about cleaner fuel systems and delivering better economy it's just what is about one specific brand versus another.

Regards,

The Bandit.

Question for HonestJohn re: Fuel (The Telegraph) - Avant

This has appeared in the motoring forum, and I'm sure other members will be glad to give their opinions on this. If you want a reply from Honest John himself, you need to write to:

letters@honestjohn.co.uk

Best wishes

Avant (moderator)

Question for HonestJohn re: Fuel (The Telegraph) - the_bandit

Thanks for info. I shall write to email address supplied.

Response and opinions from other members not required.

Question for HonestJohn re: Fuel (The Telegraph) - ChannelZ

Response and opinions from other members not required

Tough, you're getting them anyway. :)

Question for HonestJohn re: Fuel (The Telegraph) - Ethan Edwards

Indeed odd that so many brands of fuel all seem to originate from just the one refinery.

Which sadly appears to have closed today...Coryton -Corringham in Essex.

Question for HonestJohn re: Fuel (The Telegraph) - RT

The different brands of most fuel originates from whichever refinery is supplying the UK Oil Pipeline (UKOP) in a particular region - it's only at the distribution depots that the brand additives are added to make the fuel unique.

I doubt that Coryton will close down, it costs a lot to shut down and then restart a refinery. Petroplus, who own Coryton, has filed for Insolvency but I imagine the Receivers will be trying to sell it as a going concern. No shipments have left Coryton but it's still in production.