Mazda 6 - Sluggish performance - balleballe

Hi there,

I have an 02 plate mazda 6. Over the last 5k miles or so the car has been feeling sluggish to me - not as 'peppy' as it used to. The MPG is slightly down too but this is most likely due to the weather.

It had it's last 'full' service 8k miles ago and an oil change 1k miles ago.

I have used 'redex fuel injector' in my last 4 tankfuls - hasnt made a single difference

I give my car an 'italian tuneup' once a fortnight or so involving 5-10 minutes of around 4k rpm on the motorway

Could it just be that the engine it getting old now? It's on 98k. It's an auto if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Mazda 6 - Sluggish performance - Galad

Diesel or petrol?

Mazda 6 - Sluggish performance - MikeTorque

Petrol as using 'redex fuel injector'. The Redex tends to negatively impact on performance, it'll clean the injectors though.

Is the car using any/much oil ? Any smoke coming out of the exhaust ?
Have you tried using Shell V-power, and if so does that help performance ?

Millers Petrol Power Ecomax will boost performance and clean up things better than Redex, however, Shell V-power offers more performance.

Having an automatic does have a negative impact on performance as the mileage increases,

Mazda 6 - Sluggish performance - unthrottled

Millers Petrol Power Ecomax will boost performance and clean up things better than Redex, however, Shell V-power offers more performance.

Go faster stripes will have more effect than any of those snake oils. Any product with a macho sounding name is dubious. Stuff that works doesn't need hyperbole.

Mazda 6 - Sluggish performance - Bobbin Threadbare

Alas I've never put that in my Mazda 6. Mr B put some in his Celica to clean out the gack and it's not made an iota of difference.

Mazda 6 - Sluggish performance - balleballe

indeed it is a petrol.

Why would an auto show it's age quicker than a manual? I wasn't aware of this

I use vpower only when an offer is on (like double points etc...). I usually use shell fuelsave (99% of the time).

I will try v-power but surely the reported benefits will cease once I stop using it?

I assume no actual 'injector cleaner' that I add to the fuel tank actiually works then....