I've bought a Vauxhall Corsa which I've found to have been repaired and resprayed. What can I do?

I'm an idiot. I bought a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI from a dealer on a personal loan. I've overpaid for it, handed my part-ex in and ended up with a car which has had all the right-hand side resprayed badly. The alloys still show damage. I've been in touch with the dealer, Consumer Direct, my MP, and the Retail Motor Federation who will be sending details of the National Conciliation Service. I'm not sure what else I can do.

Asked on 15 September 2010 by carpenteruk2000

Answered by Lucy
Nothing much else you can do. You agreed to buy the car on the terms they offered it and it is presumably fit for purpose. Unless they made a false statement about it which you can prove and which comprises a substantial matter, you cannot just return the car and reverse the deal.
Similar questions
I seem to have stumbled upon a whole world of hate this past week. I recently just passed my driving test and purchased my first car. The car in question was a Volvo C30 R Design. I don't know diddly about...
I've paid the deposit for a used car but have since found out from the insurance company that it had been in an accident. Although the dealership has no record of this, can I cancel my agreement?
I have been looking at a 2004 Skoda Octavia Superb 1.9-litre diesel automatic. It has 90,000 miles on the clock. The original owner appears to have been a Skoda executive, since when there have been two...