Renault Clio III - starting problems and strong petrol exhaust smell - muchwenlockmexico

Frequently I struggle to start car. The ignition turns over with difficultly and the engine takes a wbout 4-5 seconds before firing up.50% of the time the engine doesnt fire up at all.. Also the wipers engage by themselves when trying to start the car and a strange message appears on the computer display saying passenger airbag disconnected ( which is false). I can sometimes get the car to start but most times i just hear the starter motor or even just a click sound. Also the car doesnt run in neutral as smoothly as it did , the revs increasing and decreasing and with more vibrations than normal. . The car was serviced at renault 2 months ago (400 quid!!!!) but every time i take it there, it seems to experience more problems, You would not believe the number of problems we have had with this car in just 4 years! I dont know what the reno service is like in the UK but here in Mexico it is pretty awful!

Thanks a lot Julian (brit living in mexico)

Edited by muchwenlockmexico on 15/12/2011 at 23:49