BMW 3 Series - car tracking - stupideejay

has anybody heard of a Anti-Theft Truetag Car Identification system from a place called the MOT supermarket.On a website called 'Groupon' theres an offer of tagging your car for £49.Is this a good offer ?

Thanks

BMW 3 Series - car tracking - tmjs

It's not a car tracking system.

It's a bunch of tiny microchips that you hide in your car. A handheld scanner can read the chip, so if your car was stolen and had the number plates and other identifying numbers removed then the car can still be identified.

I've tagged my bicycle - it's relatively easy to steal, has one serial number that would be easy to remove and isn't insured.

A modern car should be hard to steal and will be insured. I don't know how much difference a few microchips would make to a thief. If you're going to go to the trouble of cloning a new identity onto a stolen car maybe dealing with a few microchips isn't that much extra hassle?

BMW 3 Series - car tracking - Andy P

Thing is they have to find your car before they can scan it - not much use if it's put in a container and shipped off to Africa. Now if they combine it with scanners at the ports then it might be more useful.

BMW 3 Series - car tracking - stupideejay

thanks tmjs for reply

BMW 3 Series - car tracking - TeeCee

If it's on offer on "Groupon" that means only one thing.

It's such a waste of cash that they can't even shift it to the mugs who frequent eBay....