Speaking of cossetting.. - wowbagger
Her indoors wants to put her car in our garage, which is full of my hobby stuff. Since the garage contains our CH boiler it tends to be somewhat warmer than the outside. I try and persuade her that the car should be left outside in the winter, as bringing it into the garage, wet and salty, will make it rust. Whereas the summer (remember that?) is when it should be garaged to protect all the plastic bits from the UV. What is the wisdom of the denizens of the backroom on this vexed issue?
Speaking of cossetting.. - googolplex
never managed to get the car in the garage - too much junk. Can't comment!
Splodgeface
Speaking of cossetting.. - BrianW
Same here.
Five motorbikes, three pedal cycles, a freezer, a fridge-freezer and a workbench doesn't leave much room, even with a double garage!
Speaking of cossetting.. - BrianW
Whoops, just looked and it seems I forgot to list the two windsurfers and the two canoes.
Speaking of cossetting.. - THe Growler
BrianW: easy, put the motorbikes in the front room.
Speaking of cossetting.. - John S
Get it in the garage - far better for it, year round. Ok, leave it out if it's soaked, but that's it. No scraping in winter, and the car keeps better.

Regards

John S
Speaking of cossetting.. - Dizzy {P}
Agreed.

# Keeps the bird muck off as well as the acid etc. carried down by the rain in summer and winter.
# Kinder to the occupants too because it will get neither too hot nor too cold for comfort and the heater should work sooner.
# Better for the engine and electrics in winter because it should start more quickly and shouldn't need as much warming up.
# Less chance of theft or vandalism.
# Lower insurance premium.

Speaking of cossetting.. - nick
Just make sure the garage is well ventilated. If it is, definitely indoors. If not, a carport is best.
Speaking of cossetting.. - wowbagger
No, it's not well ventilated. Carport isn't a realistic option. The council withdrew our permitted development rights, so planning consent would be required and unlikely to be granted.