Renault Clio II - 1999 Renault Clio 1.2 Starting Problems - burkey-17

Hi,

I currently have a problem with my Renault Clio 1.2 It is on a T plate and only done 47,000. I am having a problem where by sometimes it will fire others it won't, it will just turn over. It can take upto six times to start the car and I don't want to kill the battery. I now start my car with my foot fully down on the clutch and accelerator, I am just scared that I will flood it, yet it seems to work. I have treated it with redex incase there was a block in the fuel lines and it was serviced only 2 months ago with new plugs and filters. Just over a month ago the car had its cam-belt changed and the problems started not long after that. The car seems to run very well, with no odd vibrations.

Hope you can help,

Sean

Renault Clio II - 1999 Renault Clio 1.2 Starting Problems - confuzzedrocker

Hi

I had to same problem with my 1999 clio 1.6. Does yours have an immboiliser? This was the problem with mine. Everytime i tried to start my car, it would turn over fine but just not start. Took between 5 and 10 times before it did. Turned out the chip in my key had broke as the car senses the key, immobiliser turns off and then starts. As the key was broke it didnt happen. Just changed my key to the spare and problem was solved.

Hope this helps

Lottie