Mercedes CLK - HPI Mileage info incorrect - soobaloo

I'm in process of trying to sell my CLK, it's in great condition and has very low mileage 24k, however this weekend an interested buyer performed an HPI check on it and it stated that 3 years ago it had 60k on the clock !

I've been onto www.motinfo.gov.uk and found all the old MOT info showing that the mileage on the car is accurate, but this wrong info has put the buyer off !

Has anyone any ideas on what to do about this ?

Mercedes CLK - HPI Mileage info incorrect - barney100

I would ask the buyer where he got the info from, he may have been trying it on. Maybe get an hpi check in writing to show buyers too.

Mercedes CLK - HPI Mileage info incorrect - pd

You need to get a copy of the report and see which source the 60k came from. If it is from a non verified source and is clearly wrong and you can present evidence to HPI/NMR the sometimes they will alter it.

The "National Mileage Regsiter" as HPI call it is full of errors and has some odd results.

Mercedes CLK - HPI Mileage info incorrect - soobaloo

You need to get a copy of the report and see which source the 60k came from. If it is from a non verified source and is clearly wrong and you can present evidence to HPI/NMR the sometimes they will alter it.

The "National Mileage Regsiter" as HPI call it is full of errors and has some odd results.

I've just spoken to the National Mileage Register and they tell me it looks like their system has put an additional Zero onto the mileage as there are a certain number of boxes to input the mileage figure and if you leave a blank box on the RHS it fills it in with a Zero !!!!!!!!!!!

I've sent them a copy of the MOT History - seems they can't access that themselves ! and they have assured me that it will be rectified. They wouldn't however refund the money I paid for the HPI check, they said that I was entitled to another free one with the one I paid for (just a shame I used that already to check the info held on my other car!)

Thanks for the info guys :o)

Mercedes CLK - HPI Mileage info incorrect - malteser2710

I just did a mileage check on a 2nd hand car I plan to purhcase. It's got 64k on the clock, and its looks tie in with the mileage. Yet, the HPI check (thru' the National Mileage Register) is showing 112,000 up to September 2008!

And the history stops there. The seller was speechless. He's now checking. The mileage showing looks like the previous owner used to go up and down the UK every day!! I hope it's a mistake cos I really love the car - drove it, looked very closely and its really nice.