Peugeot 307 2003 1.6l petrol - Crankshaft pulley runout and noisy warmup - 406NT_Oz

My daughter's 2003 1.6l petrol sedan has visible runout of the multi-vee serpentine aux drive belt pulley on the crankshaft.

Is this pulley a fabricated item? Is this a known issue?

Belt system is noisy when engine starts first run of day.

Peugeot 307 2003 1.6l petrol - Crankshaft pulley runout and noisy warmup - Peter D

Change the pulley it is a damper pulley with a rubber insert and it is failing. Do this soon or there is a liability that if will fail, through the Aux belt which then smashes through the plastic timing cover and jams the cam belt with fatal results. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 27/03/2011 at 13:19

Peugeot 307 2003 1.6l petrol - Crankshaft pulley runout and noisy warmup - 406NT_Oz

Change the pulley it is a damper pulley with a rubber insert and it is failing. Do this soon or there is a liability that if will fail, through the Aux belt which then smashes through the plastic timing cover and jams the cam belt with fatal results. Regards Peter

My apologies to all !!!! esp. to Peter.

I am used to a forum format which advises me of replies to posts, and so I have just posted a further query on the same subject. Mea Culpa (many times)

Thanks Peter for the reply and I will advise the daughter 3000km away from here to get the little 307 in to have the job done.

Please ignore my second post on the matter.

Regards,

Terry