rear parking sensors - the conductor
has any one had problems with the rear parking sensors fitted to many new cars. have brand new micra and when weather wet or when its cold the sensors play up making a constant tone instead of the usual blipping. nissan have said that they think one of the four sensors is getting water in it. just wondered if other vehicles fitted with this system also have problems.
rear parking sensors - Tim Allcott
Have fitted an 'after market' system to our Passat, and the wife complains that, when very wet, it fools the system into giving a continuous tone. Dries out quickly, though.All factory fit that I've seen seem better sealed...HTH

Tim
rear parking sensors - LHM
No, mine seems to work fine - emits a dull 'thud' sound when I've reversed far enough................. :-)

rear parking sensors - Blue {P}
Our Micra works great, in all weathers...

It saved my dad the other day, for some reason he got distracted and ended up reversing fairly quickly up our drive towards my pride and joy without checking his mirrors etc.

The sensors swung into action and by the time he had stamped on the brakes he was 6 inches from my car! :O The tone was continuous, if he hadn't have had them, I don't like to think what he would have done to both of the cars...

BTW, he does feel suitably foolish as he has never done anyrhing like that in over 20 years of advanced driving...

Make sure that Nissan get it fixed, the sensors should not malfunction at all.

Blue
rear parking sensors - terryb
The only foolproof way to reverse safely is to look behind you as you do it. Rear sensors are imho yet another senseless "innovation" for the sake of it.
Terry
rear parking sensors - keithb
Yes, but what about things you can't see particularly at night e.g. low height obstructions.

Or more seriously, the toddler/baby who walks/crawls behind a car. We've all read reports about parents running over their child. I would never suggest that sensors replace the need to look behind but I do think they're a valuable aid when reversing. I certainly miss them when driving other than my own car.
The sensors are anything but useless.

Of course you have to look behind you, no one has ever suggested otherwise, but as Keith said, they help you detect things below the height of the windscreen, and they do it well.

Blue
rear parking sensors - Dave_TD
But don't you find you devote too much attention to watching the little lights on the dashboard, and not enough to looking around to see whether anyone is likely to walk behind you?
I've driven a couple of Mercedes with this system, to me it appears no more than a gimmick.
rear parking sensors - jud
The idea is to reverse normally listening to the tone, am i a victim of a windup here?
rear parking sensors - Tim Allcott
No, Jud, your not! There are some people who believe that any 'unecessary' addition is just one more thing to go wrong : indeed, why have two windscreen wipers? The sensors should be used IN ADDITION TO normal good reversing practice, but in a car like ours (Passat) with an amazingly high bootline, it means we can use parking gaps we otherwise wouldn't consider. And we don't annoy other car owners by reversing until contact point!
rear parking sensors - keithb
>>But don't you find you devote too much attention to watching the little lights on the dashboard

AFAIK, they all give beeps which become more frequent as you approach the obstruction, eventually becoming a continuous sound. A system which only displayed dashboard lights would be next to useless, and possibly dangerous, for the reason you stated.
Indeed, the Micra doesn't even have a light, you just hear the tone when you put the car in reverse. It comes on and goes off automatically, which is a good thing for my dad as it saved a ££££ repair bill. :)

Blue
red parking sensors - erwin1230

Thanks for giving me this info.Really your forum site is good information source of this parking sensors.I am also give you link aboutr this.Visit here for collect more and more information.

=========== parking sensors